This is a great side dish for the summer. It is easy to make, uses all sorts of summer veggies, doesn’t require a lot of cooking, and feeds a crowd. It also does not have a mayo based dressing making it a better choice for summer entertaining. Oh yes, it tastes great.
That helps. 🙂
If you don’t have a crowd to crowd to feed you might want to half the recipe. That being said, leftovers are never a bad thing in the summer. However, the pasta soaks up the dressing and if you are going to be enjoying this for more than a day or two I’d suggest doubling the dressing or adding more dressing after a couple of days. Your call.
You could add some grilled chicken or shrimp to this and call it dinner.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 16 oz short pasta (we used bow ties)
- 3/4 English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted, black olives
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, cubed in small pieces or crumbled
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup bottled Greek salad dressing (vinaigrette style)
- Cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions. Rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate at least two hours before serving.